Help with a Federal Agency

If you cannot get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem. 

Residents of Iowa’s Third District can contact our offices for assistance in dealing with federal agencies. In order to better serve you, please complete the Digital Privacy Release Form at the bottom of this page. 

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence, such as: 

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security; 

  • VA claim number for a case with the Department of Veterans Affairs; 

  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.; 

  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary; 

  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved; 

Please note: the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual’s case. We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request. 

Submit your casework request here

If you have any additional questions, please contact our Des Moines office by calling (515) 400-8180.